Monday 12 January 2015

Light Approaches

Through the grasping tentacles of space I float,
A weary traveller lost in the void.
The time is coming and this I know,
For light approaches, light approaches...

Without the comfort of home I live,
Old Time, my lonely enemy; my friend.
But even He shall leave me soon,
For light approaches, light approaches...

Among the moons and planets I dance,
The song of the Cosmos gives life to my soul.
But my legs are failing and my arms are stiff,
And light approaches, light approaches...

Between the wicked rocks I move,
The silence is deafening; the crowd forlorn.
The dawn is breaking, now the crowd departs,
Soon light approaches, light approaches...

Around a million stars I dwindle,
A thankful smile; sweet tears on my face.
And now I see it before my eyes,
As light approaches, light approaches...

Toward the liberating Sun I drift,
Such beauty in my life I have never beheld.
A deep breath I take as I steady myself,
Now light approaches, light approaches...

So take me into your gentle care,
Sweet Giant; deliver me to my resting place.
I surrender myself to your loving embrace,
Light approaches, light approaches...








No comments:

Post a Comment